...click on the blue links to explore & learn more.
summary of qualifications
Metrics- and results-driven seasoned sales executive with broad experience in many verticals
- Cold-called, on-boarded and serviced customers in multiple industries across diverse products and services
- Increased sales and grew established books of business; managed projects and budgets and led teams
Worked with reps as sales manager, cultivated customer relationships, co-innovated, developed and sold new-to-market products and services in SaaS, chemicals, energy, laundry, financial services & agriculture with a focus on sustainability
- BA/MBA: innovator, analytic and strategic thinker, creative problem solver, sales closer
- Patent holder with passions for sales, software & SaaS, mycology, water, energy, people, language/communication, sustainability, and efficiency
Trusted team member and leader; recommendations and references available throughout my career. References are not limited to my LinkedIn, but it's a great place to start. Specific references also available on request.
References available upon request for every position from customers & colleagues
Senior Business Analyst, Bluewolf, an IBM Company (Denver, CO) 2017
Project management and Salesforce configuration, focused on Sales, Service, and Community Clouds
Business Development Executive, POINT380 (Boulder, CO) 2016
Built marketing and sales foundation for a boutique sustainability consulting firm in a consulting contractor capacity.
Commercial Sales Director, Clear Comfort Water (Boulder, CO) 2015-2016
Sold chlorine-free, non-irritating, water disinfection systems
- Personally closed $200,000+ in addition to ~$400,000 in first firm team sales in < 18 months
- Worked alongside my team in AZ, TX, CA and CO to land first sales of new pool technology
VP of Sales & Marketing, Vision Chemical Systems (Aurora, CO) 2013-2015
Sold industry-leading specialty chemicals and cleaning systems
- Cold-called my own book of business to replace my salary within 12 months
- Through presentations and real-world load testing, obtained local pilot location approval within 18 months of new product application discovery. Innovated & sold new laundry as a service.
Consultant and Researcher, E Source (Boulder, CO) 2011-2012
Provided research, advisory and information services to utilities, CEMs etc.
- ETDB developer: emerging technologies DB to steward domestic energy resources
- Responded to member inquiries; published on Electric Vehicles
MBA Intern, Account Manager, Pangea Organics (Boulder, CO) 2011
Pangea’s skincare products use only organic ingredients and TBL business practices
- Integrated Salesforce.com with QuickBooks
- Designed, developed, & authored new sales & marketing tools; trained staff to implement them
MBA Intern, Rocky Mountain Institute RMI: Project Get Ready (Boulder,CO) 2010
- Rallied industry leaders to develop best practices for EV integration and adoption
- Published: Do EVs Create Jobs and Improve the Economy?
Financial Planner, AGT Tax Advisory Group (Chicago,IL) 2009
Sold equity indexed annuities, built structure around and formalized sales processes, wrote scripts, conducted client intakes
Development Director, Grass Commons (Chicago,IL) 2008
Sold product futures and open source software
Executive Director, Mana Mushrooms (Chicago,IL) 2005-2008
Oversaw a startup from inception; conducted primary research, open-sourced results of practical nature as a model for business, zero emissions business, using industrial inputs (brewery by-products + moulding manufacture by-products or "waste" to grow edible (non-hallucinogenic) mushrooms.
Accounts Manager, KLD Research and Analytics (Boston, MA) 2002-2005
- Managed and grew the KLD ($3M) book of business by 20%
- Serviced and negotiated sales with 7 of 10 of the largest money managers in the US
- Functionally promoted to VP of Sales after 9 months
- Implemented Salesforce.com, transitioned from patchwork SQL, Access DBs
- Negotiated and customized contracts with business decision makers and legal teams
- Sold custom file integration to global SMA market leaders
Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) 2010-2012
Wabash College (Crawfordsville, CO) 1998-2002
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology (minors: Economics, French), Student Senator
- 12 months study abroad in France
- Malcolm X Institute for Black Studies - X-Position editor, KQ&K program tutor/mentor
- Salesforce Admin201 via Bluewolf
- CPO: Certified Pool Operator via Clear Comfort
- MBA: CU MBA
- ZERI: Zero Emissions Research & Initiatives Certificate in sustainable systems design: Gunter Pauli, George Chan
additional pursuits with global view
Implemented conservation plan saving >10,000 gallons of water per year and improving recycling systems at Patagonia
MBA Independent Study on the business of water
Implemented MBA BHAG Project: Gyre Sticker increased awareness about the Pacific Garbage Patch
Surprising lesser-known skills: I could moonlight as a foley artist. I studied Hapkido and can count to ten in Korean.
ZERI – Member: Zero Emissions Research & Initiatives - nature as a model for business
Lived in Brazil for 9 months: learned Brazilian Portuguese, how to surf, worked in local restaurant & w local conservation NGO
Lived abroad in Grenoble and Tours, France for 9 months; fluent in French